Six-axis force sensor
High-precision [ 2x competing models* ]
High torque [ 2x competing models* ]
High-speed communications [ 5x competing models* ]
*Internal study (May 2019)
Boost productivity by using robots to replace manual tasks involving complex force control
Our 6-axis force sensor simultaneously detects the load (F) along three axes (XYZ) and the moment (M) around each axis. By attaching a force sensor, you can give a robot a sense of touch and force. The force sensor, like 3D vision sensors and Al, is considered to be a key product for developing intelligent robot technologies.
Fitting without a force sensor
With a force sensor installed
Impact is detected and can be corrected immediately
Why install the ZYXer™ force sensor?
Stabilize product quality with high-precision
【 Prevent damage to robot hands and workpieces
Because the minimum detection load is so small, the ZYXer™ force sensor can detect unexpected contact between robot hands and workpieces, preventing damage. When installed on picking devices, robots can work without damaging even delicate components like screw threads.
Can be used to fit tolerances up to H7
Work without damaging components or hands
Tighten at a specified strength
Measure weight and center of gravity
Just pick up to measure
Replicate nuanced force of skilled workers
Detect even the tiniest burrs
Installing on robots makes many things possible
- Control force and position by sensing interference even from planetary gears. Absorb even slight differences in assembly dimensions.
- Use the ZYXer™’s high precision, high torque, and high communication speed for H7 fittings or deburring.
- Install ZYXer™ to prevent damage during picking operations due to subtleties that vision sensors have difficulty picking up.
- Prevent damage to robot hands and held parts due to irregular motions during operation.
Can be customized to handle even larger load capacities
We can manufacture force sensors for the robots with larger load capacities that are sold
Ensure reliable grasping and assembly operations by helping human operators with force detection during transport of diecasts weighing over 1 ton, or when assembling car doors or heavy equipment tires.
|Sample custom product manufactured by Sinto
|Φ 500 × H94
ZYXer in collaboration with robot manufacturers
ZYXer has been adopted by major robot manufacturers like Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.: Force sensor standard application (fitting system)
Points for installation of ZYXer
- H7 mating is possible without using a vision sensor due to high accuracy and high communication speed.
- Since the moment is high, the work can be transported at high speed compared to regular force sensors.
- Connection to Kawasaki Heavy Industries robots is easy. ※1
Equipment and conditions for use
- Robot model
- RS007L ※2
- Force sensor model
- Fitting tolerance
- H7/g6 (clearance fit)
- Allowable deviation amount (reference value)
- 1mm in X-Y direction, 0.5° in Rx/Ry direction
*1 ZYXer is registered as a K-AddOn product by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
*2 The photo shown above is of the above model, but it can also be connected to other Kawasaki robots.